Well if you are anything like me you will have the most ridiculously over the top 1st Birthday parties for your kids.
I have had endless discussions with the mothers out there on the do's and dont's of the old 1st Birthday and pros and cons of even having the party at all.
The problem is that once you have pics like these in your collection all the ideas start creeping in and you cant wait to show off your new pics in someway shape or form.
I had a bit of a google search and found some tips to help the mummas out:
"1. Watch the clock. Plan the party to last an hour to an hour-and-a-half. Babies have short attention spans and run out of energy and interest quickly. Plan the party for late morning or late afternoon—pre- or post-nap—when baby isn't tired.
2. VIPs only. Scale back the guest list to avoid overwhelming your babe and keep costs down.
3. Ask for help. Consider hiring a babysitter or asking a family member to help you balance your hosting duties with enjoying your baby's big day.
4. Babies love balloons. Opt for foil, or Mylar, balloons instead of latex to avoid choking hazards for kids under 8. Find Mylar balloons and Balloon Time helium tank kits at partycity.com.
5. Create a play place. Many of the babies in this age range are still on all fours, so baby-proof a play zone filled with age-appropriate toys for your little guests. Set chairs around the zone for parents to relax and watch.
6. Check your treats. Ask your guests if there are food allergies to consider. Keep snacks simple, like chopped fruit and graham crackers for the kids, and more grown-up versions for the adults to munch.
7. Don't stress. You're still a few years shy of hiring a D.J. and hosting pony rides. It won't matter to baby whether you throw the party of the season or just celebrate at home with your immediate family. As long as he's with you and feels love all around, that's all that matters. "
Thanks to parenting.com for the tips.
Love Alana X
Cake smash photographer Melbourne
Melbourne Cake smash photographer
Cake smash birthday invites
Cake Smash outfits