So you are reading this post i have to assume that:
a) Your are coming to see me for baby portraits!!
b) You are curious to about what to do next?
As a mummy of two children, I understand how overwhelming those first few days can be with a new baby so I created this informational guide to help you prepare for our newborn photography session together.
I may spend up to 1-2 hours photographing your baby, however sometimes your baby may require more time. I allow enough time for your baby to eat, for me to clean up messes and settle your baby if needed. It also accounts for changing setups for different poses.
I keep my studio nice and toasty. The temperature can range from 23 to 28 degrees so you will want to dress appropriately. I will photograph your baby in the nude so you do not need to bring outfits for the baby. Most clothing items will swallow your baby. I believe it is by capturing the innocence of a nude baby that makes my images art.
What to do before your scheduled session and things to Bring
- Bring lots of Bottles and formula if you are not breast feeding. Babies tend to eat allot more during the session than they would do at home. They will require more milk than there normal scheduled feeding. The reason being that your baby is not just sleeping during the session like they would at home and its warm in the studio x It is also suggested if possible to bring some expressed milk in a bottle if you are breast feeding
- Put clothing and nappy on loosely to avoid red marks. A onesie that zips in the front is easiest to take off and less disturbing to your baby. Please do not put a singlet on your bubs.
- Grab a dummy even if you do not plan on letting your baby use one. Dummies help soothe babies and will make the session go much smoother.
- Bring a Snack for yourself
- A change of clothing in case baby has an accident on you
- Give your baby a sponge bath and don’t forget the lotion
- I love capturing sweet moments with Mom, Dad, and other siblings. To keep the focus on your baby, please have available a solid Black, White, Grey or brown shirt, blouse or sweater.
During Your Newborn Session
When you arrive, I will most likely take your baby from the car seat and undress him/her. If your little one wakes up hungry, I will allow you to feed to get a nice full belly. With the poses I do, a sleeping baby is required. I will never place your baby in an unsafe position just to get a pose. Your baby’s safety is the MOST important thing to me.
Once baby has feed I will often ask that you (mom) allow me to take over. Babies can smell moms and may not sleep well. Remember the Session can take anywhere from 1-2 Hours (or sometimes longer) and the studio will be very hot.
I always aim to take many different setups of your baby during the session using props etc. However please remember that every baby is different and we may not be able to do everything you are after.
Please understand that sibling shots and poses are not guaranteed as siblings are not always willing to co-operate and your babies safety if the most important to me.
I want you to come away from this newborn photography session with images you will cherish forever. Thank you for trusting me to capture one of the most wonderful moments in your life.
Melbourne Newborn Photographer | Newborn Photography Melbourne | Newborn Photography Melbourne | Newborn Photography Workshop Melbourne | Newborn Photographer Melbourne | Professional Newborn Photographer | Newborn Photography Mentoring | Photographer Melbourne | Baby and Newborn Photography | Newborn Photography | New Baby Photography | Cake Smash Photographer Melbourne | Maternity Photographer Melbourne | Pregnancy Photography | Maternity Photography | Professional Newborn Photographer | Newborn Photographer | Photographer Melbourne | Children Photographer | Newborn Photographers | Affordable Newborn Photographer | Photographer Berwick | Photographer Narre Warren | Baby Portraits | Newborn Photographer | Melbourne Photographer | Photographer in Melbourne | Child Photography | Lyndhurst Professional Newborn Photographer | Cake Smash Photography Melbourne | Cake Smash Photographer Melbourne| Newborn Photographer | Melbourne Cake Smash Photographer | Newborn Photography Melbourne | Berwick Newborn Photographer | Cake Smash Photographer Berwick | Affordable Newborn Photographer | 1st Birthday Cake Smash Photographer | Newborn Photographer Narre Warren | Melbourne Newborn Photographer | Melbourne Professional Photographer | Melbourne Maternity Photographer | Melbourne Kids Photographer | Professional Photographer | Newborn Photographer Melbourne | Photographer Elwood | Casey Newborn Photographer | Maternity Photographer Melbourne | Baby Photographer Melbourne | Cake Smash Photographer Melbourne | Newborn Photographer | Pregnancy Photographer Melbourne | Melbourne Cake Smash Photography | Cake Smash Photographers